Thursday 3 November 2011

" What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give me that.
So after, when he whispers, "You love me. Real or not real?'
I tell him, "Real."

In this series I am reading called the hunger games, Katniss who is the main character, begins to fall in love with Peeta when they are thrown into the hunger games and forced to try and live on they're own, while they are in constant danger of being killed by other contenders. This reminds me of a movie I have resently watched called abduction. In the movie Nathan gets caught up in a in a fight that he was never suppose to be a part of, along with the girl that he has been crushing on. They run away to the wilderness to hide from the people who are trying to kill them. They soon fall in love just as Katniss and Peeta did in the hunger games, fighting together in order to survive.
  Another similarlity is that both Nathan and Peeta had already been in love with the girls who end up going away with them, and it's the girls that end up realizing they feel the same way.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the comparisons, but one thing you could work on is really thinking about how you word your sentences. I found this post a little bit difficult to follow because I felt that details were stuck in the wrong places of sentences. Also, try to go deeper with your comparisons, for example,instead of just saying the Nathan was caught in a fight that was never his, you could say the cause, and the effect this fight had on Nathan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this post is pretty good. The comparisons between the two are fantastic! One thing I would add would possibly be a picture so readers can relate. I didn't really know what was going on at points, so I had to re-read it, to determine which story we were in. Question, which Hunger Games novel is this??

    ReplyDelete