Friday 11 November 2011

Classic

A classic in something that has lasting significance or worth. It's a story that is popular enough to have survived the test of time and is well known in more than one generation. A classic will have a universal appeal that people can relate to.

The book I have just finished reading is called the Mockingjay, and I would not consider The Mockingjay a classic. Although the book is very popular right now and has always been one of my favorite books, I don't think it is a book people can relate to and is not very well known in more then one generation. I dont't think it has all the quality's needed to be a classic and although its extremely popular now, will only be popular for a short period of time.

1 comment:

  1. Very strong definition of classic! I believe it sums it up very well. The concise paragraphs are really good, as I don't want to read anything that goes on and on!! To make the post better, I would italic the title and authour, and put the title on quotations. What would you change to make the book a classic? And how long would you say the series will be popular for??

    ReplyDelete