Monday 24 October 2011

The Mockingjay

" Finally, he can see me for who I reallly am. Violent. Distrustful. Manipulative. Deadly.
And I hate him for it." (Mockingjay, 232)

Katniss Everdeen is a free willed and strong and underestimates what she is capable of. In this section of the story where she seems to loose grasp of who she is and all the ones she cared for. She becomes exactly who she needs to be when she needs to be, and all the things she's been through made her the person she is today. The one thing she can never manage to see is the good hearted person she was from the very begining.

My prediction is that she realises how much good she has done to her people and the ones she loves. That shes plays a bigger part in the war then she once realized and contines to fight for their freedom with determination and courage. In the end things will work out, but in a way no one expected because I think there will be a twist in the end to finish off this adrenaline pumping and unforgetable series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1jYllE0T-k&ob=av2e

2 comments:

  1. Strong post!! Just checking, but the quote was said by Katniss? The description of Katniss was fantastic! I could really picture her, and you went into deep emotions rather than physical appearance, which I think is awesome. The song you chose summed up the feeling of the post, and your prediction related to it as well. I think the prediction was very well done! It seems like it is going to happen. Possibly you could have posted a picture of Katniss, if I could change one thing. Overall, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Maddie! You really describe Katniss well. I agree with Julia, a picture of Katniss (an illustration or the actress from the movie would work) or the cover of the book could really help readers understand more deeply.

    ReplyDelete