Friday 23 September 2011

My first assignment

"The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go"
- Dr. Seuss

I chose this quote because it's straight forward and it has a good message. It was a book that I read when I was little and I always loved the quote and what it stood for. It's is meaningful, simple and true for all ages, it inspires you by saying  that reading is the first step to many wonderful things and can open many doors for your future. The quote motivates you to keep reading and shows you all the good things that can come from it. It makes we want to read all that I can because I know how much it good can come from it.

http://www.readfaster.com/readingquotes.asp

3 comments:

  1. I love this book (Oh The Places You Will Go!). It makes me think about the books that have opened my eyes to experiences that I wouldn't have otherwise been introduced to.

    Because this is a personal response (where you connect your chosen quotation to your feelings about reading), use 'I' rather than 'you' in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... Seuss poses a very logical formula. Every book teaches us many new things. These things we learn could be concrete facts, ideas, philosophies and plenty more, adding to our knowledge base and promoting curiosity within us. With this curiosity, naturally, we will want to find out more about what we have learned, leading us to many exciting places both throughout the world and within our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr.Suess is probably one of my favourite poets. What he basically saying is that reading will do nothing but good for you. Although this is not objective it's still very meaningful. He proposes that reading will take you places, and like Callum said "both throughout the world and within our minds". But maybe Suess is saying that books take you places no matter what, and wherever you end up depends on what you read and HOW you read it.

    ReplyDelete